International Research Collaboration Grant Call
LAUNCH OF INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION GRANT CALL between Singapore IHLs /A*STAR and Wuhan University of Technology (WHUT)
1. The National Research Foundation (NRF) Singapore, in collaboration with National University of Singapore (NUS),Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore Management University (SMU) and Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR), has set up the Singapore Data Science Consortium (SDSC) to support data science technologies Research and Development and position the data science-based economy for the future. Details on the SDSC strategies and goals can be found at https://sdsc.sg/.
2. The SDSC INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION GRANT aims to develop novel and fresh R&D ideas that are in line with strategies and goals of the data science technologies development, solicited through an investigator-led, ground-up mechanism across the collaborative research ecosystem with overseas IHLs. The SDSC INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH COLLABORATION GRANT under SDSC aims to groom Singapore scientific research collaborations with overseas research institutes towards conducting innovative research. This GRANT CALL will support research on Maritime Big Data Science between Singapore A*STAR Research Institutes and Wuhan University of Technology (WHUT).
3. This joint grant call will open on Monday, 26 Aug 2019 and close on Wednesday, 25 Sep 2019, 11.59pm (Singapore Standard Time). Results are expected to be announced by Dec 2019.
4. The grant call is open to A*STAR Research Institutes only.
5. Industry and research performers can participate as collaborators, but will not be eligible for any funding.
6. Proposals can focus on the specific research areas that fall under the Maritime Big Data Science. Selection of successful proposals will be based on, but not limited to, the following evaluation criteria:
1) Novelty and originality of the proposed idea or concept;
2) Quality of the data science approaches proposed;
3) Competitive/comparative advantage; and
4) Capability of the research performers to conduct the research
7. Notwithstanding the above criteria, the evaluation panel reserves the right to make a final decision based on other strategic considerations.
8. Each application must be composed of one team from Singapore and one team for collaboration from WHUT, with one Principal Investigator (Lead PI) from Singapore and the other PI from Wuhan University of Technology. Only one Lead PI is allowed per application. Applicants should not have any outstanding reports for all national grants currently or previously held.
9. The application must be submitted using the template HERE, and should be no more than a total of 12 pages.
10. The grant fund size in total for this call is S$700K (inclusive of overhead) in total from SDSC for supporting Singapore research team/teams, and another S$700K equivalent fund will be matched from Wuhan University of Technology for supporting WHUT team/teams.
For those who are interested, please submit your proposals with email subject containing “Submission to SD SC-IRCG CALL between A-STAR and WHUT – Maritime Big Data Science” to SDSC email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive an acknowledgement within 24 hours of your submission (otherwise, please emai: email@example.com immediately).